Friday, June 27, 2008

On the road to Seattle




Tuesday, 6-24
We left Kalamazoo. Betsy is joining us for the Sea to Sea trip as a nurse and sag wagon driver.

Wednesday, 6-25
Arrived in Glacier National Park. Hiked at St. Mary's Falls and Avalanche Lake. Spent the night in West Glacier.

Thursday, 6-26

So we left Glacier National Park early today and headed out on 94 for the great mountain known as Mount Rainier. The drive was very scenic, many tall pine trees, rivers, and agricultural fields were passed. The roads were curvy, threading their way through the mountains like a great snake. As we traveled, I (Mark), sat on the seat next to the window for the whole drive (since the insurance won't cover under 21 years of age.) Since this was my plight, I was able to become the official photographer of the day. The mountains were beautiful as we approached them. Winding our way up to Mount Rainier, we pulled out onto a scenic view point. Here, we were lucky to catch a glimpse of the very peak of Mount Rainier. Snow was covering the top and clouds were drifting around, often hiding the peak. About 10pm we arrived in Seattle, WA. It was a shock to enter an area so urban compared to Montana and East Washington.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Hi Larry, Eric and Mark,
Thanks for the update. I've been praying for you guys as you traveled this week. Glad to hear you made it. I was especially thinking of the "Traveler's Psalm" which is Psalm 121. May the Lord continue to watch over your coming and going. I hope this is an ok way to contact you. Don't bother writing back, since I'll keep reading the blog. I'm excited to begin the devotional too, following your route this summer. Have a great beginning on Monday, and know that we are praying for you all (including the three still on F Ave).

In Christ,
Fred DeYoung

Unknown said...

Dear Stehouwer family,

I am following your progress on the web, and am eagerly awaiting an official or unofficial update. I pray that you are all safe and healthy and that your spirits by now are soaring. Greet my nephew Doug Lutke and his wife Joy for me. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Fred DeVries