Tuesday, September 2, 2008

August 29, 2008






Today we rode 82 miles from Lackawana State PArk to Sussex. Breakfast was 1/2 an hour early for this big, hilly day. I think that this may have been the hardest day of the tour for me. I rode with Annette all day which was absolutely great. It was like riding with a hilarious, fun-loving sister. This morning at about 10 am we got free fudge samples at a general store that we hung out at for like 1 hour. I ate to much of my lunch right then because I think my stomach was doing more work digesting than my legs were doing pedaling in all this hilly country. We stopped at Susies's Canday Shop, a little pink candy shop with pink picnic tables outside, and got a free Bailey Irish Creme for mentioning Sea to Sea. I felt so much better after that chocolate. It was so good! I think I released some chocolate endorphins. Walter also had chocolate truffles at his stop. We biked two really high points today. We climbed 1.5 miles off route to High Point in High Point State PArk in New Jersey. What a view! We stopped at a local bakery in Sussex for Smash pie and scones. Sussex CRC gave us the full potluck spread for dinner tonight. Thanks so much. Last day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dale Mowry said...

got back pack...?

Dale Mowry
616-540-2170