Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today we rode 95 miles from Sleepy Hollow State Park to Richmond. Today was my mom and dad’s 30th anniversary. My mom and two younger brothers and my aunt and uncle and cousin also camped at Sleepy Hollow State Park last night. We had our second campfire of the tour last night with s’mores. So good. This morning my brother, dad, and I joined my mom and relatives and brothers for pancakes and eggs this morning. We hung out for a while and then left about the same time as the sweep crew. It was a cool 64 degree F morning. We left camp at about 9 am and arrived in camp at about 3 pm. My dad, brother, and I all stuck together again today. We had a brisk 10-15 mph northeast headwind. It took some work today, but we all loved the cooler weather. We road on many rolling MI country roads. Someone spotted at Tim Hourton’s in Richmond so before dinner we road a mile and a half down the road from camp to enjoy what the Canadians talk up so much. I had a stellar banana nut muffin. Tonight we were surprised with blueberry, peach, and cherry cheesecake for dessert and spaghetti pizza as the main course. Did I not mention that we have an awesome kitchen staff. Tomorrow we cross the border into Canada. I am so excited. We actually get to ride the ferry across the border. Tomorrow will be a big day.

No comments: